What Personal Information do we collect
We would need to process the following types of personal information for registration of your membership with AAP as well as for applying for the Philippine International Driving Permit (PIDP):
- Personal Information: Salutation, Full Name, Birthdate, Birthplace, Civil Status, Sex, Age, Citizenship, Occupation and Signature
- Contact Information: Home Address, Company Name, Company Address, Home Phone, Company Phone, Fax No., Cellphone No. and Email Address
- Registered Cars: Plate No./Conduction Sticker, Make, Model, Year, Color and Fuel Type
- Government-Issued ID: Philippine Driver’s License of the person applying for PIDP.
- Payment: Bank details such as Account No. and Full Name
Purpose of Personal Information
We collect, use and store your personal information for the following purposes:
- To identify the legitimate and active members of AAP;
- To be able to check the authenticity of the PIDP issued to you if the foreign country of destination is inquiring about the legitimacy of your license;
- To provide information to the company’s Emergency Roadside Services;
- To avail the benefits and services as an AAP member;
- To send notifications/reminders for the renewal of membership, LTO car registration schedule, announcement, events and promos via text/email blasting or snail mail;
- To monitor compliance with registration requirements as mandated under R.A. 10173 also known as “Data Privacy Act of 2012” and its Implementing Rules and Regulations, as well as Circular 2016-01.
Security of Your Personal Information
Automobile Association of the Philippines Inc. practices the necessary technical, organizational and physical measures to make sure that the details and information you provided us are protected and secured.
Only authorized AAP employees have access to these personal information, the exchange of which will be facilitated through email and hard copy. They will be stored in a database for five years after which physical records shall be disposed of through shredding while digital files shall be anonymized.
Whenever you log-in to our website, a certain data may be collected automatically from the web browser you are using through the web server such as IP addresses, browser types, browser versions and various pages that you visited for the purpose of analyzing the customer needs in relation to advertising and marketing. It is protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) verified by cPanel, Inc. that helps prevent the website from snooping.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
As a member (data subject) of AAP, you have the right to access the information you provided to us for transparency, and upon notifying AAP, you may amend the personal information listed in our database to keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
Telephone: (63 2) 705.3333 / (63 2) 723.0808