1st Road Safety Conference
Vulnerable Road Users
1. Information dissemination
2. Identification of issues and concerns
3. Develop and formulate solutions
1. Technical Presentation: Dr. Ric Sigua -
Road Safety and Vulnerable Road Users
2. Dr. Orlando Ocampo (Philippine College of Surgeons) -
Severity of Road Traffic Accidents
3. USec. Manuel Bonoan (DPWH) -
Current Efforts by the Public Sector that address the Road Safety Problem
4. Dr. Raffy Consunji (Safe Kids Phil.) -
Child Pedetrians in the Phil. can we make them invulnerable?
5. Mr. Enrique da Roza (SPMJ) -
The Marketing of Road Safety for Teenagers
Propose road safety measures and action programs to address:
1. Culture of Road Safety among children
2. The disabled and the elderly on the road
3. Safety in bikeways and recreation areas
4. Enhance implementation of "Wearing of Helmet" laws
5. Bicycles and Motorcycles as an alternative mode of transportation
6. Other issues
Target Action Plans
1. Road safety model Schools
Identify/nominate schools to be developed as Road safety models for school children. Promote road safety
education and road safety practices for other schools to copy.
Features of a Road Safety Model Schools:
1. Using appropriate teaching modules on Road Safety;
2. Developing road safety practices in the premises;
3. Promoting road safety environment; and
4. Using appropriate safety devices in premises.
AAP can develop the idea of an annual competition for "Best Road Safety Model School" and/or "Road Safety
2. Local Area Traffic Management Model
The recently implemented Local Area Traffic Mangement at the Baclaran area may serve as a model for the
integrated treatment of pedestrians in traffic management in areas with intensive pedestrians activities.
Similar areas in Metro Manila may be identified and encouraged to address road safety concerns in like manner.